Our Commitment to Privacy
1. This policy applies to Bloor West Village.com, and all of the Bloor West Village.com websites, which are referred to here collectively as Bloor West Village.com. At Bloor West Village.com, the security of our customers' personal information is important to us. We take every reasonable measure necessary to protect the privacy of our customers.
2. Bloor West Village.com' privacy practices are in accordance with all federal and provincial laws and regulations. We comply with the Personal information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and where applicable with the privacy rules established by the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC).
3. Personal information collected by Bloor West Village.com is information about an identifiable individual that may include such information as your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, financial information, birth date and any recorded complaints.
4. We collect customer information to deliver, bill for, and collect payment for products and services, to manage and develop Bloor West Village.com business and operations and to meet legal and regulatory requirements.
5. Bloor West Village.com does not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law. Bloor West Village.com retains personal information only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
6. Bloor West Village.com ensures that customer information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Customers can challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and request amendments as appropriate.
7. Bloor West Village.com may share information with other Bloor West Village.companies or their agents and authorized dealers, in order to offer customers products and services that they may find attractive.
8. A senior company officer has been appointed as the Privacy Officer at Bloor West Village.com. The Privacy Officer is accountable for all personal information at Bloor West Village.com. You may contact Bloor West Village.com at:
By Mail: Bloor West Village.com
20 Leslie St., Suite 111
Toronto, ON M4M 3L4
By E-mail: privacy@Bloor West Village.com
9. Customers wanting to:
· access, or obtain more information about, their personal information held by Bloor West Village.com;
· make a privacy-related complaint;
may contact a Bloor West Village.com customer service representative who, if necessary, will refer the customer to the correct party.
10. The Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada oversees Bloor West Village.com' personal information handling practices. If your privacy concerns are not addressed to your satisfaction by Bloor West Village.com you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada for further guidance:
The Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
By Phone: 1-800-282-1376 or 613-995-8210
By Fax: 613-947-6850
The Site may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the Site, and understanding how visitors use the Site. Cookies can also help customize the Site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology, however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
Distribution of information
We may share information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when: (1) permitted or required by law; or, (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or, (3) investigating fraud which has already taken place. The information is not provided to these companies for marketing purposes.
Commitment to Data Security
Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorized employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information. All emails and newsletters from this site allow you to opt out of further mailings.
This site provides chat rooms, forums, message boards and/or news groups for its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and as a participant you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
This site has reasonable security measures in place to protect against loss, misuse and interception by third parties. Bloor West Village.com assumes no liability for interception, alteration or misuse of information transmitted over the Internet.